Just a reminder to use your health benefits to the best advantage before year end!
Here are a few tips:
- Use up your flexible spending plan contribution before its availability expires (usually year end OR one quarter into the new year for purchases in the calendar year), be sure to check what is valid for reimbursement as these have changed recently
- Earn points to get a credit or rewards (some companies give free pedometers or cash back for wellness coaching or surveys, to be used on future healthcare)
- Look into discounts for fitness center or gym memberships if you plan on joining soon
- If you’ve already met your deductible for the year, consider whether or not there may be something else you’ll be wanting to do
- Usually dental healthcare has lower annual limits, so if you need a lot of major work, consider getting something done to use the benefits both this year and next year
- Be sure to use your annual vision plan benefits if you have them.
Also, if you don’t have insurance coverage for something, offer to prepay if you can, for a discount.