Depending on the month, there are better things to buy to get a good deal on.
Some of the items for December are as follows:
- Toys usually get to a great price mid month
- Hardware and Tools, since a lot of improvement is done during warmer weather, nice price points are set to entice consumers
- Kitchen and Cookware Items
- Thanksgiving and Fall Decor
- Christmas Items (after Christmas), or other holiday items after their dates
- Restaurants often offer deals on Gift Cards for a free amount on another Gift Card when you purchase a certain amount
- Old models on electronics when new models come out
- Jewelry Boxes
- Golf Clubs, as new models arrive
- Champagne and Alcohol as sellers compete for sales for New Years
- Thrift stores may have an influx from people trying to clean up their homes in preparations for the holidays
- Holiday Gift Sets and Bundles
Just as important, a generalization of items not to buy as they will likely not be at their optimal price for consumers:
- Calendars – Wait for January!